my daily activity

Week 1
On my first day in the Philippines, precisely at Clark airport, many people who met me said I was a Filipino. And many people talk to me with Tagalog language. After waiting long. I was finally picked up by a van from Slu and in the van there were other exchange students from Indonesia and Thailand. And in the van there is a professor from SLU, then we all go to lunch together at the Korean restaurant and eat together until 1 hour. Then we continue the journey for about 5 hours to Bagio City. After we get into the female dormitory belonging to Slu. At night we meet with  Dr. Lagos and the buddies and were invited to tour around the campus area to enjoy the view of the city of Baguio, we shop together and have dinner together. On Tuesday, 8 January 2019, we attend the opening program of SLU and the introduction of teachers from city high.



For 3 days i'm observe my teacher. I made an observation with Ma’am Jennifer C. Pinlac as a sports teacher subject. I was told a week's schedule for teaching. In a week I teach from Monday to Friday, 1 class in the morning and 2 classes in the afternoon. In the morning, I teach warm up games for athletic athletes in grades 7 and 8. In the afternoon, I teach 9th grade Faith and 9 Generosity. During 3 days i watch Maam Jennifer C. Pinlac , teach and what things need to be prepared to teach. During the first week I was invited to see sports facilities and infrastructure. And after class observations, Maam Jennifer always told me what to do to teach next week. And make daily lessons every week and make 2 lesson plans every day.


Week 2
I chose basketball topics for afternoon classes. And I gave a game from Indonesia to warm up athletes. On the first day I teach, I felt very nervous because this was my first time teaching in English. I wrote a few core topics that I teach to help me if I forgot. For the morning class I was very happy because the athlete's response was so enthusiastic about the game that I gave. but, I have a problem that some athletes must be helped with explanation in tagalog language. For afternoon classes at 9 Faith and 9 Generosity I think they are not excited with my presence. They seemed silent when I asked about the clarity of the topic and was very noisy. During 1 week I teach in 9th grade Faith and 9 Generosity, I still feel nervous, different from in the morning class. For the morning class I gave a game from Indonesia and for the afternoon class I taught about passing in basketball. For the second and third days in the afternoon class I feel better than the first day. I give games outside of class about passing. For 1 week I was always busy working on the lesson plan until Saturday Sunday did not stop working on the lesson plan. Every day I go to bed at 1 pm to work on the lesson plan for tomorrow. And fortunately I have a good buddy who can teaching lesson plans.

On Sunday, 20 January, 2019. Me and other student exchange were invited to tour by SLU around the city of Baguio at Strawberry farm and botanical garden. We breakfast and lunch with buddy and lecturer from SLU.

Strawberry Farm

Lunch Together

Botanical Garden

Week 3
This week my activities were the same as last week's, teaching morning classes and afternoon classes and making lesson plans every day. for the afternoon class I teach about recreational activity. And on Tuesday this week I will be the first observation by a supervisor from SLU. The first class to be observed is class 9 Generosity. And my first observation was satisfied because I got a good result.

Week 4
This week I last teaching at BCNHS. And on Tuesday is the last day I teach and my second observation. The class that will be observed is 9 Faith. I give 1 traditional game from Indonesia "Hitam - Hijau". They are very excited to play this game. On Wednesday and Thursday many students gave farewell letters to me. I feel sad because I have to leave them. Many students say don't go and I want to cry. 
7 and 8 SPS

9 Faith

9 Generosity



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Hallo, I'm Intan